SANDUSKY COUNTY HABITAT FOR HUMANITY
- You need to have a minimum steady income of 25% of the median income and maximum of 80% of the median income in Sandusky County, based on family size.
- With your permission, we will verify employment and other income, verify checking and savings account balances, get a statement from your current and previous landlords, have a credit check done, and ask you for credit references.
- If you are approved to purchase a Habitat home, we ask that you attend programs to learn and practice budgeting, home repair and maintenance.
- If approved to purchase a Habitat home, we require that all adult (18 years or older) members in your household be willing to work 200 hours of sweat equity, i.e. working during the construction phase, schooling, seminars.
- If approved to purchase a Habitat home, a $500 cash payment will be required before construction and/or rehab of the home will begin. Any additional closing costs will be financed through the mortgage.
- If you are approved to purchase a home and if you meet the sweat equity and down payment requirements, then a mortgage will be established. Habitat house payments include taxes and insurance and will cost approximately $400-$450 per month. *The house payments will be used by Habitat to build more houses with other families. You are expected to make these payments on time.
*The stated cost of the monthly mortgage payment is an estimate. The actual cost may vary.
For an application, please call (419) 355-1257. We will assist in completing any form we require to be considered as a future homeowner.